On (23/02/16 13:01), Harald Dunkel wrote:
>On 02/23/2016 11:58 AM, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
>> I would rather focus on different thing.
>> Why is sssd_be process blocked for long time?
>>

>I have no idea. Was it really blocked?

It needn't be blocked itself. But it was busy
with some non-blocking operation which main process
considered as bad state.

Would you mind to share sssd log files with
high debug level?

>> Do you use enumeration?
>> If yes do you really need it.
>
>Nope.
>

>> Workaround might be to increate timeout between heartbeats
>> which are used to ensure that the process is alive and capable of answering
>> requests. The default value is 10 seconds. Double it should be enough
>> because there is by default 6 heartbeats IIRC.
>>

>10 seconds is surely not OK. On Unix its not unlikely
>that a job is swapped out for 20 seconds or more.
>(Zabbix said that memory was fine, so this is not the
>case here.)
>
>Does it really have to be watched? Wouldn't it be the
>job of systemd to restart the service when it dies?

sssd works also on non-systemd distribution.
We plan to reply on systemd. If you want to speed-up
process then patches are always welcomed.

And moreover systemd would not solve the main issue.
we should try to find out why sssd_be did not respond for long time.

LS