On Tue, 30 Aug 2016, Deepak Dimri wrote:
Hi Alexander,

Since i do not want myadmin1 to be able to add or remove the host from
other xyzhostgroups into myhostgroup membership.  Is it possible that
myadmin1 only sees objects i specifically given the permissions to  and
not any other hosts outside of myhostgroup?  That way he cannot add the
host he is not supposed to manage within myhostgroup
OK, now I get it. An easiest way to solve this problem, no surprise, is
organizational: do not give host group admin rights to include hosts to
the hostgroup or delete them, only allow them to manage what's in the
host group.

You then need to create a separate permission for 'add'/'del' rights
against 'member' attribute that would allow to include/remove hosts.
That's easy but it would not allow you to limit *what* hosts could be
added/removed from the host group.

Unfortunately, to make that possible, permission-add/permission-mod
should be extended to allow specifying target attribute's values like described in the RHDS Administration Guide:
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/10/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Access_Control-Creating_ACIs_Manually.html#Defining_Targets-Targeting_Attribute_Values_Using_LDAP_Filters

Even then to define something like this, you need to have specific
naming of hosts to be able to specify a pattern as a 'member' attribute
value. Not sure how this is going to work for you in AWS, though, so
this is why I'm saying it is an organizational issue, not really a
technical one.

Thanks for your great support!
regards,Deepak