On 08.09.2016 06:49, Deepak Dimri wrote:
Thanks Martin for your reply.

It would be cool if i can have IPA client to resolve IPA server without specifying nameserver in resolv.conf

How do i configure zone delegation? is there any document i can refer?

http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch9/delegate.html
http://serverfault.com/questions/530415/what-is-dns-delegation

Many Thanks,
Deepak

Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] General query regarding nameserver enrtry
To: deepak_di...@hotmail.com; freeipa-users@redhat.com
From: mba...@redhat.com
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 09:12:08 +0200

On 02.09.2016 20:06, Deepak Dimri wrote:

    Hi All,

    My ipa-client-install fails until etc/resolv.conf  gets updated
    with IPA nameserver entry.   I want to avoid a task of updating
    resolve.conf in my automation script.  Is there a way i can get my
    IPA client installation successful without updating resolve.conf?
    what options do i have?

    Many Thanks,
    Deepak

Hello,

do you have proper zone delegation? With proper zone delegation it should be able to resolve IPA from every nameserver.

Martin