I found this information here http://www.freeipa.org/page/Build
<http://www.freeipa.org/page/Build> on building, which makes sense enough… I
setup that environment on my Centos box, tracked down all the dependancies to
satisfy yum-builddep freeipa-builddep.spec. However, when I checkout the 4.4.3
branch, there isn’t a makerpms.sh file so that really through me off. When
trying to run the makerpms.sh on the master branch, it kept erroring at:

checking for POPT... no
configure: error: Package requirements (popt) were not met:

No package 'popt' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables POPT_CFLAGS
and POPT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I have the following installed:

Installed Packages
popt.x86_64
                                      1.13-16.el7
                                                                     @anaconda
popt-devel.x86_64
                                      1.13-16.el7
                                                                     @base
popt-static.x86_64
                                      1.13-16.el7

and verified its location

/usr/include/popt.h
/usr/lib/rpm/rpmpopt-4.11.3
/usr/lib64/libpopt.so
/usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0
/usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0.0.0

All of the above was done prior to seeing the last reply giving the location of
the Centos IPA repo. I’m not the most familiar with git stuff, but all i could
find in that repo were .patch files. I couldn’t locate any actual files other
than a readme.

Thanks for the help.