On pe, 20 tammi 2017, Jeff Clay wrote:
I found this information here http://www.freeipa.org/page/Build
<http://www.freeipa.org/page/Build> on building, which makes sense
enough… I setup that environment on my Centos box, tracked down all the
dependancies to satisfy yum-builddep freeipa-builddep.spec. However,
when I checkout the 4.4.3 branch, there isn’t a makerpms.sh file so
that really through me off. When trying to run the makerpms.sh on the
master branch, it kept erroring at:

checking for POPT... no
configure: error: Package requirements (popt) were not met:

No package 'popt' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables POPT_CFLAGS
and POPT_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

I have the following installed:

Installed Packages
popt.x86_64
                                      1.13-16.el7
                                                                     @anaconda
popt-devel.x86_64
                                      1.13-16.el7
                                                                     @base
popt-static.x86_64
                                      1.13-16.el7

and verified its location

/usr/include/popt.h
/usr/lib/rpm/rpmpopt-4.11.3
/usr/lib64/libpopt.so
/usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0
/usr/lib64/libpopt.so.0.0.0

All of the above was done prior to seeing the last reply giving the
location of the Centos IPA repo. I’m not the most familiar with git
stuff, but all i could find in that repo were .patch files. I couldn’t
locate any actual files other than a readme.
Read https://wiki.centos.org/Sources which describes how to work with
CentOS git repositories. There is an example workflow how to download
patches, spec, and sources, and then rebuild the packages.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy