On 2017-04-12 17:21, Jason B. Nance wrote:
[...]
You can still use autofs and mkhomdir, just use a direct mount for /home instead of indirect mounts.  In
other words, mount "/home" entirely vs. "/home/<username>" individually.

Thanks for clarification. I made a direct map for /home now that looks like:
/home    -fstype=nfs4,rw,sec=sys ipanfs.mydomain.at:/homeshare

If i try to login on my testclient, the user home directory gets created. Permissions (UID/GID) are set correctly but the directory is still inaccessible for the user.

My question is why? Is it because i set sec to sys here? When I set it to krb5, automount does not even mount /home