Hey Sharad,

Could you try running in debugging mode?  Run ./configure with
--enable-debug and --enable-trace then recompile.

Do you happen to have another IPMI card for that system?  I am still
wondering if that card is bad.  Although I no longer have a motherboard
from that specific Supermicro product line, I know that FreeIPMI has
worked fine before and (at minimum) has been able to detect the IPMI card
properly.

Al

--
Albert Chu