Is there a space between "--" and "hemi"?

caching is just a way to speed some analyses by pre-smoothing and sampling to the standard space.

doug

Feng-Xian wrote:
Hi,

I copied the default average subject from $FREESURFER_HOME/subjects dir to my analysis dir. Then, I make a FSGD file and some contrast matrices and put them into my analysis dir.

After that, I start to run group analysis. But, when I type the following commands: mris_preproc --fsgd noise_0.5-1-5.fsgd --target fsaverage -- hemi lh --meas thickness --out lh.noise_0.5-1-5.thickness.00.mgh

The terminal shows:

ERROR: flag -- not recognized

Now, I have two problems want to ask.

1) What's wrong about the commands that I type? And, how to solve the problem? 2) I found this commands from the FreeSurfer web. And, I'm confused about that two ways to do analysis. One is cached (qcached) data, and the other is uncached data. What's way is suitable to my subjects? (My subjects is one factor and three levels, had run QDEC before, but QDEC is not good job to analysis, and, I want to change the analysis method from QDEC to DODS) So, which way do I choose to analysis my subjects?? Idon't understand the differences from them.

Thank you in advance!

Feng-Xian

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:25:12 -0400, Nick Schmansky wrote
in general, it is not necessary to run make_average_subject prior to
performing an analysis.  using the default average subject that
freesurfer provides, named 'fsaverage', is sufficient for most cases,
because it doesnt affect the analysis, its only used as a target upon
which to project results.  the 'fsaverage' subject is in the
$FREESURFER_HOME/subjects dir, and you should copy it to your own
SUBJECTS_DIR prior to performing any group analysis.

Nick