Sarah,

Hi, to help you decide, since I dont know what your study entails or the
timeline, this is some info:

- bug in 5.2 affects just white and pial surface placement, so thickness
and area data will be off.  surface registration, and its off-shoot data,
like aparc labels and inter-subject surface registration, are unaffected
by the bug.

- we're doing everything we can to get the new release out in less than
two weeks.  but by monday, there should be a beta of each platform
(centos6_x86_64 already there) posted here:
ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/dist/freesurfer/5.3.0-BETA/

if the extensive testing passes, then the beta becomes the release
(although in between we will be updating freeview with new features and a
speed increase in scrolling).

Hope this helps, sorry for the interruption!

Nick

> Hi Sarah.
> I cannot comment on 5.1 vs waiting for 5.3.
>
> About the single time point. The reason is not that we need the base. We
> just want to make sure that that image undergoes the same processing steps
> as all other images to avoid a processing bias.
> Mixed effects models allow inclusion of subjects with single time points
> so it makes sense to include them to gain power.
> Best Martin
>
> Sarah Whittle <swhit...@unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Given the issues discovered with 5.2, we're now wondering whether we
>>should just go back to 5.1 or wait until 5.3 (under a bit of time
>>pressure).
>>
>>Can I just clarify the how the capability of 5.2 (and 5.3) to run
>>subjects with single time points in longitudinal analysis (by creating
>>an artificial, upright and straight base image) is better than just
>>using the cross-sectional output from single subject data in
>>longitudinal analysis?
>>
>>Is it because for linear mixed effects models analysis you need a base
>>template for each time point?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Sarah

>>> 2403,2403_1,2403_3
>>> 2928,2928_1,2928_2,2928_3
>>> 2932,2932_1,2932_2
>>> 3026,3026_1
>>> 3335,3335_1,3335_2,3335_3
>>> 352,352_1,352_2,352_3
>>> 5115,5115_2,5115_3
>>>
>>> Then we run a script to allocate these files to base, time point 1,
>>time point 2, etc.:
>>>
>>> SUBJLIST=`cat subjecs..txt`
>>> for SUBJ in $SUBJLIST
>>>
>>> do
>>>
>>> TEMPID=`echo $SUBJ|awk '{print $1}' FS=","`
>>> TP1=`echo $SUBJ|awk '{print $2}' FS=","`
>>> TP2=`echo $SUBJ|awk '{print $3}' FS=","`