Newer versions also have the ability to run some stages on multiple CPU
cores (with the -openmp <cores> flag) which speeds certain stages (e.g. in
autorecon2) up considerably.  I'm also sure Bruce wouldn't turn down more
resources to hire the programmers needed to make it faster either!

Peace,

Matt.