On 02/29/2016 02:38 AM, Bittner, Nora wrote:

> Dear FreeSurfer Experts,
>
> Sorry for reposting this massage again, but I still have two
> questions, which you can hopefully answer to:
>
> 1)
>
> I calculated several analyses with LGI as my dependent variable,
> resulting in several significant clusters.
>
> Now, I would like to extract the individual LGI value at the *maximum
> vertex* of each significant cluster to plot it against my experimental
> variables (instead of working with the mean LGI values of the clusters).
>
> What I tried so far is to use mri_segstats to extract the LGI at the
> maximum vertex:
>
> mri_segstats --i $SUBJECTS_DIR/qdec/glm/y.mgh --crs vertexno 84367 0 0
> --avgwf vertexno84367.dat
>
> where y.mgh is my input file from the glm and vertexno 84367 is the
> maximum vertex of the cluster as reported in the cluster.summary-file.
>
> I found the command in the FS helpline documentation
> (https://www.mail-archive.com/freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/msg42655.html),
> but regrettably
> <http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_en.html#/search=regrettably&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on>
>
> I get the following error message:
> “ERROR: Option –-crs unkown”
> In the fswiki I also couldn´t find the “mri_segstats - - crs option”
> in the user description.
> Is there any other option or argument I can use in mri_segstats (or in
> any other command) to extract the LGI value per person at the given
> vertex?
Remember, you can always run commands with --help to get more info. If
you run this command with --help, you will see:
        --vox C R S
                 replace seg with all 0s except at CRS

So use --vox, not --crs.

> 2)
>
> I would like to calculate effect sizes of my results. Therefore I used
> fscalc:
>
> fscalc $SUBJECTS_DIR/qdec/glm/contrast/gamma.mgh div
> $SUBJECTS_DIR/qdec/glm/rstd.mgh -o $SUBJECTS_DIR/qdec/
> glm/contrast/effectsize.mgh
> This worked fine and resulted in a surface overlay displaying the
> effect sizes. Now, I would like to extract these effect sizes in
> 'table' format. I tried to use mri-segstats:
>
> mri_segstats* --i effectsize.mgh --annot fsaverage lh aparc --avgwf
> effectsize.dat
>
> I am not sure, if this gives me the correct results. Is this the right
> command?
>
> I would really appreciate
> <http://dict.leo.org/ende/index_en.html#/search=appreciate&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on>
>
> your help.

Yes, that will give you the effect size averaged over each annotation

> Thank you in advance,
>
> Nora

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender),
> Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt

Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center
gr...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu