From:  <freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> on behalf of Fernando
Pasquini Santos <fernandop...@gmail.com>
Date:  Thursday, June 9, 2016 at 1:23 PM
To:  "freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu" <freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>
Subject:  [Freesurfer] Hippocampal subfields segmentation - what is the
voxel size of the input?

Dear,

I have a doubt regarding the input T1 image used for the Hippocampal
Subfield segmentation in Freesurfer 6.0 -
https://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/fswiki/HippocampalSubfields

In this documentation it says that I can use a standard 1mm T1 image or the
same standard 1mm T1 image with an additional scan. However, I want to use a
0.7mm T1 image as input, with an additional T2 scan. When I run the program
with it, the output images (nu.mgz and orig.mgz) are downsampled to 1mm
voxel size. So, I don't know if this happens just because of the recon-all
program or if the segmentation is being done in the downsampled T1 image or
in the original 0.7mm.

By reading the article "A computational atlas of the hippocampal formation
using ex vivo, ultra-high resolution MRI: Application to adaptive
segmentation of in vivo MRI" I saw that, in the methods section, the
algorithm is used to segment 0.6mm T1 images. But is this possible to do in
the Freesurfer package? Obviously, doing the segmentation directly on 0.7mm
data would be better than a downsampled version to 1mm...

Thanks,

Fernando Pasquini Santos
PhD student in Dynamic Systems
fernandosan...@pitt.edu
fernando.pasquini.san...@usp.br
in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains
patient information, please contact the Partners Compliance HelpLine at
http://www.partners.org/complianceline . If the e-mail was sent to you in
error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender
and properly dispose of the e-mail.