Hi Fernando,

Unfortunately, FreeSurfer does downsample the T1s to 1mm, and the subfield code
assumes that the T1 comes from FreeSurfer… For the paper, I hacked the code to
take advantage of multiple images with higher resolution, but it hasn’t been
thoroughly tested and it’s not publicly available at this point.
That said, there are different things you can do at this point:
1. Use the T1+T2 as is (disadvantage: T1 will be resampled to 1 mm).
2. Use only the T2.
3. Use only the T1. To do this, you would use the T1 as additional scan on its
own (i.e., the main and additional scans are the same, but the additional one
won’t be resampled).
4. There might be a way (hack) of using both scans at full resolution. If you
change the header of the T1 scan and specify that the voxel size is 1mm, no
resampling will happen; FreeSurfer will believe that you’re dealing with a
subject with a very large head. If you do this, you’ll also have to enlarge the
voxel size of the T2 by a factor 1/0.7. Also, the resulting volumes will have
to be divided by (1/0.7)^3 in order to correct for the “wrong” voxel size.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Eugenio

Juan Eugenio Iglesias
Translational Imaging Group
University College London
http://www.jeiglesias.com
http://cmictig.cs.ucl.ac.uk/

On 9 Jun 2016, at 19:23, Fernando Pasquini Santos