Hi All, forwarding this message along again as I'm still having some trouble
getting this to work.  Basically I would like to 1) project processed residual
time-series from the subject-space volume to the subject-space surface, 2)
smooth on the surface, 3) down-sample to FS4 space.

To do this is have used bbregister to calculate the registration, then
mri_vol2surf to project to the surface, but I am not sure the output of
mri_vol2surf is what I should be expecting.  The output file has dimensions
112745 x 1 x 1 x 120 when I'm expecting ~40k vertices for FS6 space and ~3k
vertices for FS4 space, but changing the --icoorder flag seems to have no
effect on the number of vertices in the output.

I have loaded the output surface functional image into Matlab to se that there
is real time-series data in there, but I have no way of knowing if it has
mapped the data appropriately.  Additionally, I've tried to use mri_surf2surf
to downsample this data but have not ben able to successfully get that to
downsample the surface.  The mri_surf2surf call I used is as follows:

mri_surf2surf --srcsubject subjID --srcsurfval
/mov_dir/filtered_func_residuals_fs6_lh_6mm_noreshape.mgh --trgsubject subjID
--trgsurfval /mov_dir/filtered_func_residuals_fs4_lh_6mm_noreshape.mgh --hemi
lh --trgicoorder 4

Any advice on how to achieve my goal of projecting to subject surfaces,
smoothing and downsampling to FS4, as well as recommendations on how to
visualize the surface functional data and confirm that the projections has
worked properly would be much appreciated.  Additionally, what should the
dimensions of a surface time series look like?  I would have expected for have
an nVertices x nFrames x 1 array instead of the nVertices x 1 x 1 x nFrames
array, is this correct?

Thank you,
Jared