The PET signal  can change with a lot of anatomical changes in the brain
including thickness, surface area, and gyrification. There is no known
regressor that will account for this. Right right way to account for it
is with partial  volume correction (PVC). It is best to do PVC
simultaneously with the recon, but software is not available to perform
this. You can do it on a post-hoc basis in PETsurfer using the PVC
options in mri_gtmpvc. See the wiki.

On 08/10/2017 04:11 AM, John Anderson wrote:

> Hi Dr Greve,
>
> I have PET data for two groups and I used PET surfer in FSV 6.0 to run
> the analyses. The pipeline is straightforward and the analysis ran
> smoothly without any issues.
>
> Is it correct procedure to adjust PET signal to differences in gray
> matter volume or cortical thinness between two groups?
>
> In other words, is it correct if gray matter volume or cortical
> thickness for subjects be included as EVs in GLM or a nausiance factor
> in QDEC?
>
> Specifically, is the PET signal changeable depending on  differences
> in cortical thickness.
> or differences in gray matter volume?
>
> Thank you  for any clarification
>
>> Thank you !