Hi Donald – TRACULA doesn’t use deterministic ROIs, instead it assigns a
probability to any ROI to be the one that the specific tract intersects or
neighbors at a specific position along that tract’s trajectory. These prior
probabilities are computed from the training subjects that make up the TRACULA
atlas (where atlas here refers to a set of individuals rather than an average
brain).

For what you’re looking for, find the files:
$yoursubject/dlabel/mni/*_fsids_all_0_0_0.txt

There is one file for each tract. The 0_0_0 in the file name means that you’re
looking at the ROIs that tract goes through (rather than the tract’s left,
right, etc neighbors - there are other files for those). In each of these
files, each line corresponds to a different position along the tract. Since
you’re interested in the endpoints, you want to look at the first and the last
line. The ID numbers in that file correspond to ROIs as specified in
$FREESURFER_HOME/FreeSurferColorLUT.txt.

Hope this helps,
a.y

From:
<freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu<mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu>>