with enough horsepower available people should keep in mind running
multiple parallel demods all running at an offset phase, saves on sync
time.... (as the likely 4x to 8x expense on processing power) .

On 26/08/2014 12:35 PM, David Rowe wrote:
> Most demods require a few symbols to sync up.  We often implement that
> by delaying the output data. But once that happened you could have a 1
> symbol latency.
>
> On 26/08/14 10:19, Steve wrote:
>> I was thinking the next big thing (down the road) would be
>> full-duplex, and then you could have two FFT's running :-)
>>
>> ...although maybe that might be better done with a different design
>> (SM2000 ??)...
>>
>> Many years ago we used to have a TAPR 9600 baud repeater in town. It
>> was pretty neat, as it solved the hidden terminal problem, everyone
>> could hear everyone. The neat thing being the bit-regenerator. Rather
>> than wait for the whole packet, it operated at the bit level.
>>
>> I was thinking that maybe an FDM repeater could operate the same way.
>> Receive a symbol, transmit (regenerate) a symbol, loop. That way the
>> repeater doesn't have to know anything about the vocoder or data
>> protocol riding on top of the symbols.
>>
>> With enough carriers to fill the wide-band FM (5 kHz) bandwidth (2400
>> bps at 50 baud or so).

-
Glen English
RF Communications and Electronics Engineer

CORTEX RF
&
Pacific Media Technologies Pty Ltd

ABN 40 075 532 008

PO Box 5231 Lyneham ACT 2602, Australia.
au mobile : +61 (0)418 975077