Hi,

of course it is

"import struct". This somehow got lost when I pasted it in.

Danilo

Am 17.09.2016 um 03:21 schrieb Danilo Beuche:

Hi,

I solved my "difference analysis" problem with a simple python script, which takes 2 files (left.out and right.out) as input and does 16 bit value compares. It expects both files to be of same length. Difference is written to diff.out

It compares against an absolute error ( for me set to 1, i.e. least significant bit difference is permitted) and 1%. For my change it turns out, it creates only LSB difference, so not a problem here.

Danilo

----------------------

import sruct

# word counter
count = 0

# absolute difference before seen as relevant difference
# 1 -> single bit difference
marginAbsolute = 1

# from which (difference divded by reference value (left.out))
# it is considered to be an serious error
marginFactor = 0.01
errorMax = 0.0

# how many differences
differenceCount = 0

# how many differences are higher than errorAbsolute
errorCount = 0

# how many of these differences are considered to cross the margin
errorMarginCount = 0

with open('diff.out', 'wbt') as out:
    with open('left.out', 'r') as left:
        with open('right.out', 'rb') as right:
            try:
                lw = struct.unpack('h',left.read(2))[0]
                rw = struct.unpack('h',right.read(2))[0]
                while (True):
                    out.write(struct.pack('h',lw-rw))
                    if abs(lw - rw) > 0:
                        differenceCount = differenceCount + 1
                    if abs(lw - rw) > marginAbsolute:
                        errorCount = errorCount+1
                        errorValue = float(abs(lw-rw))/float(abs(lw))
                        errorMax = max(errorMax,errorValue)
                        if errorValue >= marginFactor:
                            errorMarginCount = errorMarginCount+1
                            print "{},{} -> {}".format(lw,rw,errorValue)
                    lw = struct.unpack('h',left.read(2))[0]
                    rw = struct.unpack('h',right.read(2))[0]
                    count = count + 1
            except:
                pass
print "Differences total (in %): {} ({}%)\n".format(differenceCount,100.0*differenceCount/float(count)) print "Differences of more than {}: {}\n".format(marginAbsolute,errorCount) print "Differences above {}%: {}\n".format(marginFactor*100,errorMarginCount)
            print "Highest difference in %: {}".format(errorMax*100)

    out.close()