Hi,

I was able to perform some field measurements on Sunday to compare the
performance of the 4FSK modem and the QPSK modem in the 433 MHz ISM
band.

My transmitter was set to 1 mW output power into a 2 dBi gain antenna
located at approx. 21 meters above ground on one of the buildings in
my city.
I walked around a perimeter of about 600 meters in diameter, recording
the RSSI of the data channel and the percentage of the data frames
lost.
For the QPSK modem, the performance was as expected: 5% lost frames at
~7 dB SNR.
However the 4FSK modem as specified in 2400A performed about 3 dB
worse, with the same percentage of dropped frames at ~11 dB SNR.
For comparison, the analog FM signal was readable at 14 dB SNR.

My question is: is this performance expected of the 2400A modem, or
should I go back to the drawing board?

Thanks,
Adrian