Considering we are not bandwidth constrained, why is everyone so
enamoured with 4 level waveforms like 4FSK , When two level/ two state
waveforms like BPSK and 2FSK are far more robust in a mobile environment
????

Differential BPSK is an easy demod , 2FSK is also an easy demod.

BPSK having the slight edge due to being a antipodal waveform compared
to being an orthogonal waveform.

(though the full 3dB gain (BER = 1e-04) of an antipodal waveform only
occurs with coherent demod) .

(gain at very low SNR closer to 2dB)

complexity of a DBPSK incoherent demod and incoherent 2FSK demod are similar

DBPSK leaves open the option of a highly productive coherent demod, and
2FSK leaves open the option of highly simplified demodulators (slicing
FM demod).

-glen Vk1xx