Hello,

Yesterday I commited support for same-mode Codec2 repeater (digital to
digital). Apart from voice frames, now station identifiers and text
messages also get digipeated. For now the Codec2 audio gets decoded if
forwarded over the VoIP connection and re-encoded at the other end for
RF transmission. I intend to change that in the future and send direct
Codec2 frames over the wire to avoid loss of quality.
The roadmap has mixed-mode repeating (analog to digital) and
multi-channel repeater using either FDMA or TDMA, with user control
over VoIP channels similar to DMR talkgroups.

Would be curious to know what people think of the alternative between
these two access modes. Here's what I came up with:
TDMA cons:
- hardware needs to support burst timestamping
- fast tx/rx cycle limits amplifier choice drastically
OFDMA cons:
- high PAPR leads to net reduction of transmitted power and more
complex equalization
- frequency correction and Doppler are an issue
FDMA pros:
- can do mixed mode repeating

Best regards,
Adrian