Hi all,

I've put an post on the MMDVM email group asking them to
consider Lower BitRate modes and alternate Codecs.

Clearly the respondents thus far cannot Think Outside the Square.

One complained:
"Codec2 doesn't have a Network (in place)"

On the BitRate front they ALREADY have a lower bitrate modem
in the demodulator chain with the implimentation of NXDN they
did a 4800 bits/sec only recently.

Another complained:
"We don't have any, off the shelf radios"

I ask, how far are we in being able to completely replace the firmware
in the lowly MD-380 and clone radios? Or, could we beef up the power in
the 7021, already used in the project!!!!!!

Are we not EXPERIMENTERS? Looking to improve on the existing.

=========== Anyway ==========

My real purpose in my post was to, ask for "C" and "C++" programmers to help
here.

First they have to know about this project and it's merit.

David, how far can you go in adding modes to the Codec2 library?
I could probably add a mode to the FreeDV application and test it here
between two radios and computers.

Keep smiling

Alan VK2ZIW

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018 07:04:46 +1030, David Rowe wrote