Fine business Jeroen,

Great set up and experiment!

I've been experimenting with direct FM modulation of my FT817 using the "data port" connector on the back. This works well, and I can pick up the 2400A signal on a SDR OK. I'm using an external DAC (actually a stm32f4 discovery) with response down to DC (not a sound card) to modulate the FT817.

There's a cmd line utility (fsk_mod_ext_vco.c) I wrote to support the tx side. By using an external SDR for Rx we can (hopefully) get a 10dB lower MDS than FM or otehr DV systems.

Cheers,

David