When the Pluto came out, I had to have one. Playing with it kind of
left me saying "meh" because it didn't seem to have much RX gain. I
needed a beam to focus on the transmitter.

I then tried the LimeSDR-Mini but that thing only lasted about a year
and then failed. Expensive junk. Comparably, the Pluto is much more
hobby oriented with the ability to run Linux. Still running after
several years. It's not cheap at $250 USD, but think of it as a Pi
combined with a radio.