Well, the main point I have (unless Nick's psychoanalysis of my thinly
submitted aggressiveness is the real story) is that I believe that there
are thin problems and thick problems, and that solvers of thin problems are
overly regarded in Silicon Valley culture.

Such captains of industry think that, if they could have coded Twitter,
then they know all that they need to to address any discoverable problem
after a day or two's investigation.  So the referenced article on the
dilemma of Physics will be a valuable reference for me in suggesting that
some problems are thick problems . . . and require extensive data-gathering.

And yes, I am tired of hearing from techno-Libertarians that all political
problems and privacy rights issues are easily solvable by merely limiting
or hobbling government action.  Particularly when IMHO there are currently
numerous private corporate entities that need to be better restrained and
regulated.

---  Pat

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 10:35 PM, gepr <geprope...@gmail.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I'm very interested in your responses, being an ex-libertarian with
> both marxist and observationalist friends.
>
> On Dec 28, 2015 1:35 PM, "Patrick Reilly" <patrick.rei...@ipsociety.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > I'm mainly worried that my educational session with Nick is boring
> everyone else.

confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the person(s)
named above. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly,
please send an email to patrick.rei...@ipsociety.net.