Nick,

May I make a simple suggestion?

Chill.

I recall the conversations at FRIAM the months after mr. T was elected —
Apocalypse NOW! is a pretty accurate depiction. (And the same list of "safe
havens was presented then.)

There is no conceivable path whereby the donald could become a dictator.

The only way that any president could do so is if the electoral college were
eliminated and some parallel of the circumstances around the FDR era were in
place. The constitution could be quickly amended to allow more than two terms,
and off we go. I guarantee, if that were to happen it would be a dictatorship
of the left, not the right.

I used to worry about an American Theocracy, but trump pretty much destroyed
the likelihood of that.

As to how *"we use our considerable talent, skill, knowledge, resources, and
technical knowhow to do everything in our power to reverse the authoritarian
pandemic that is sweeping the world."* First, recognize that "there is no
pandemic; then figure out why almost half the electorate voted the way they
did. (It was not FOR trump.)

it would not hurt to understand the difference between finite and infinite
games and apply that knowledge to an analysis of US politics since, circa, 1900.

davew