Well, Dave, I am not assuaged.  Like you, I worry about the Next Guy, perhaps
Blumberg?  The Marc Anthony, the Savior from the Center.  Trump looses the
election by a slim margin, briongs his base, with their guns, into the streets.
 Nobody wants the fight.  Either he prevails and gets a third term, or Blumberg
comes in and tries to clear the streets.  Mayhem.  Martial Law.

FWIW, read the following, courtesy of WIKIPEDIA,

Hitler rose to a place of prominence in the early years of the party. Being one
of its best speakers, he was made leader after he threatened to leave
otherwise. He was aided in part by his willingness to use violence in advancing
his political objectives and to recruit party members who were willing to do
the same. The Beer Hall Putsch <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch>
 in November 1923 and the later release of his book Mein Kampf
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mein_Kampf>  (My Struggle) expanded Hitler's
audience. In the mid-1920s, the party engaged in electoral battles in which
Hitler participated as a speaker and organizer,[a]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_rise_to_power#cite_note-citizenship-1>
  as well as in street battles and violence between the Rotfrontkämpferbund
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotfrontk%C3%A4mpferbund>  and the Nazis'
Sturmabteilung <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung>  (SA). Through
the late 1920s and early 1930s, the Nazis gathered enough electoral support to
become the largest political party in the Reichstag, and Hitler's blend of
political acuity, deceptiveness, and cunning converted the party's non-majority
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority>  but plurality
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plurality_(voting)>  status into effective
governing power in the ailing Weimar Republic of 1933

I agree that chilling is a good thing.  Better a cold fear than a hot one.

Nick

Nicholas Thompson

Clark University

 <mailto:thompnicks...@gmail.com> thompnicks...@gmail.com