>> I actually thought so, but never looked deeper to find out how this can
>> be done.
>
> Click PS button in graphics menu.  Draw has options giving output
> format.  To avoid explicit options in drawing commands we would
> have to include Postscript in default output format.  Crude
> way is to modify .spad file defining default.  I am not sure
> if there is nicer way.  When generationg .pht files HyperDoc
> sends some inital setup commands, it would be natural to
> change output format there.

I now looked into removing convert from ImageMagick.

Unfortunately, the only thing that I could find is in
src/input/mobius.input.

===================
-- generate Mobius curve viewport for ViewportPage
port := draw(surface((v*cos(u/2)+1)*cos(u),(v*cos(u/2)+1)*sin(u), _
                      v*sin(u/2)), u=-%pi..%pi, v=-0.5..0.5)
write(port, "mobius", ["bitmap","pixmap"])
close port
)lisp (quit)
===================

Replacing that by

  write(port, "mobius", ["bitmap","pixmap","postscript"])

does the trick.

I can certainly extract the draw commands from the .htex files, since
they are marked in a particular way and generate a similar .input file
as above, but I wonder whether someone finds a quicker way. All the draw
commands are already executed during the generation of the .pht files.
The process generates *.VIEW directories with the files "data", image.bm
and image.xpm. I just don't yet know where (probably inside src/hyper)
the stanza

${GEN_VIEWPORTFILES_PHT}: %.pht: %.ht ${INPUT_EXTRA_INPUT} ${SMAN} \
    $(fricas_target_bindir)/hypertex$(EXEEXT) stamp-initial-ht-db
        echo $<
        unset DAASE; HTPATH=.; export HTPATH; \
          FRICAS_INITFILE='' ${XVFB} ${SMAN} -noihere -paste $<

from src/doc/Makefile.in sets the default output formats.

Actually, the question is also whether (apart from duration of
compilation) it makes sense to look into "adding postscript generation
during pht generation", since that stuff is for HyperDoc and only
book.pdf needs the .ps files. Perhaps I really take the route via
extracting the draw commands and do similar to mobius.input.

Comments?

Ralf