> Our graphics routines can create Postscript.

I actually thought so, but never looked deeper to find out how this can
be done.

> ATM you need access to X server for this, but you also need access
> to X server to create .xpm, so this really is not extra requirement.

Hmmm... in fact, I don't know what .xpm is really used for other than
being converted into .ps. Maybe HyperDoc pics it up, but I never looked
at what HyperDoc wants.

> In fact, one useful potential contribution from C programmer would be
> to eliminate need for .xpm files.  Namely our graphics should be able
> to work with just .data files, and for export Postscript is probably
> more useful (and if somebody really want .xpm, they can be created on
> demand).

> But if C programmer goes first to improve style of C files (which
> admitedly is bad), then it could be long time before we see usability
> improvement...

Hmmm... that should go somewhere into a "wanted contribution" page.
Something I plan for fricas.github.io.

Ralf