> http://math.uni.wroc.pl/~hebisch/fricas/install.rst

====================
0. Change to a directory with enough (0.8 GB) free space
====================

I have not checked, but the 0.8GB seem to include the whole build, right?

====================
1. Fetch sources
   ::

      git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/fricas/fricas
      cd fricas

   Remove the ``--depth 1`` option for access to the change history.
====================

Is the ``--depth 1 really important to you? When I clone with depth 1
the size is

      5.877.760 ./.git
     31.539.200 .

without --depth the disk size is

     20.582.400 ./.git
     46.243.840 .

compared to what is generated later. The whole history is less than all
checked out files. Those 15 MB are negligible (also compared to the size
of the build).

====================
2. Create build directory and change to it
   ::

       mkdir ax-build
       cd ax-build
=====================

Do you want people to do the build inside a subdirectory of the
git-repository?

Why do you call it "ax-..." and not "fricas-build"?

I am more in favour of giving a concrete directory here something like

/PATH/TO/FRICAS

and

/PATH/TO/FRICAS-BUILD

(possibly putting it into variables F and B,
because calling "./configure" would not work inside "ax-build",
"$F/configure" would.

Anyway, I have changed ax-build t fricas-build.

Since I do not have "." in my PATH, also calling "configure" will not
work even in in-tree-builds.

I've added your modifications (with slight changes)

https://github.com/hemmecke/fricas/blob/wip/rstdoc/src/doc/sphinx/source/install.rst

Rendered version is here:

https://hemmecke.github.io/fricas/install.html

I'll look into generating a plain text INSTALL file from install.rst later.

Ralf