At 09:12 PM 11/10/97 -0500, GreenPlanet wrote:

>>Thus, one can only elect idiots or liars. The ideas of
>>government by popularity contest and accountability
>>are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>Jay -- http://dieoff.org/page1.htm
>>

>Perhaps it goes further.  The idea of government itself is a series of
>idiotic exercises that only liars and opportunists can relate to.  Why worry

This may well be true.  One of the main functions of the human
brain seems be inventing fairy tales and lies (e.g., economic
and political theories) in order to "rationalize" our innate
drive to exploit (make the best use of) everything we can.

>From an American perspective, is seems impossible for our
society of "rationalizing" (or reactive) animals to be
proactive at all.

On the other hand, some other governments DO seem to be
successfully proactive.  Only time will tell.

Jay -- http://dieoff.org