I am somewhat surprised at such dribble. A number of governments have
established quite impressive records over the past four to five years.
They tend however to be unitary governments and not to be of the checks
and balance variety cherished by American traditions. Work in both New
Zealand and Australia has been quite impressive and recognized by
IMF.
For example see
http://www.willamette.org/ipmn/

Henry B. Thomas