How any of the below is linked to sustainability??
I thought you mean work that uses mostly sustainable
resourses...  as most jobs are superfluous in the
"developed" countries, loads of them belong here...
I'd think the proportion is worse for
underdeveloped countries.

Eva (puzzled as ever)

> How would you define sustainable work in the field of 'knowledge work'?
>

> My work so far incorporates the following elements as parts of
> sustainable work definition.
>
> - co-operation vs. competition
> - trust
> - restorative, repairing dignity
> - searching for meaning
> - creatively looking at alternatives involving constant change
> - creative - as a process of energy motivating change through design,
> - learning/mentoring built upon knowledge sharing
> - expressive - symbolic of meaning and values of the society/individual
> - access to resources of space, people,tools(technologies),information vs.
>   the idea of possession of resources
>
> Sustainable work is an integrative practice based on ecological principles
> that blends the social/creative/individual/environment with work behavior
> (as in healthy practice).
>
> Sustainable work incorporates qualities of significance/meaning,
> expressive of the individuals values, ideals, where
> roles are constructed within a social community of co-workers.
>
> Sustainable work is related to sabaticals - time off to explore, search
> for meaning, as a process of constructing identity through a time of/for
> rest, reflection for transformation; restorative of dignity through
> balance.
>
> Meaning/significance is culturally constructed expressed through symbols,
> artifacts,actions, motivations/intent. Ideas, knowledge is constructed,
> contributed, shared in a partnership that constructs roles & identity in a
> relationship that is balances of effort, energies.
>
> Sustainable work is related to softwork.  Softwork is informal work
> practices that occur in informal work settings/environments.
>

> Any other suggestions/comments/help is much appreciated.
>
> Deborah

[EMAIL PROTECTED]