Chris,

Large profits arrive when lots of consumers are clamoring
for the cars - and consumers loved the SUV's.

With the advent of higher gas prices, the car companies are
having a hard time. All of them are deep discounting their
producers.

Well, it's true that SUV's are just a smidgen less safe than
compacts, though they are safer than sub-compacts.

Trouble is that people are likely to start buying those
unsafe sub-compacts to save on gas costs.

I'm sorry you are so affected by advertising. You must try
to ignore it as we do.

Harry

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles