Ed Weick wrote:
> It does seem that, as a friend put it, that we are being targeted by
> converging runaway trains - global warming, pandemic diseases, resource
> shortages, terrorism, to mention the more outstanding ones.  But then
> I think we always have been the targets of such things.
>
> A few years ago, I did some research on on what people in history,
>especially > the poor, had to cope with to keep themselves and their
>families alive.

Ah, but technological development would allow us to get over these scourges.
Only the predator class (and most prominent among them, neocon economists),
by dictating the economic boundary conditions (that lead to overcrowded and
filthy animal factories, for example) to maximize their profits, ensure
that these scourges remain and get ever worse.

Chris