Greetings everyone,

Since Mike posted this message a couple of weeks ago I have been thinking
quite a bit about this list and the state that it is in.

Mike mentions one problem, and I think we have several besides this one.

I've been a member for several years, and I have never seen the list as dead
as it is now. There is very little that passes for conversation, and very
little genuine exploration or learning going on.

We have always had a problem straying from the nominal subject of the list,
the future of work. But we have always had vibrant discussions, until these
last many months.

Karen is carrying on valiantly with her Casey Reports, but receives no
feedback and little thanks.

Harry and Chris doggedly pursue their pseudo-discussions with argumentative,
unwavering, and repetitive self-righteousness.

We have obviously lost many valued members in the last couple of years, and
it is with sadness that I think of their brilliance, energy, bonhomie,
curiosity and knowledge.  Some of these have explicitly or privately
referred to Chris and Harry as the cause of their departure.

The moderators of this list, the list-owners, seem by their silence to
accept the deterioration of the list.

Who else misses the qualities that we created here some time ago?

And if I and Mike are not alone in missing them, what should we do to bring
this list back up.

The moderators may well tell me that I am overstepping my place with this
email, in which case I will happily follow my friends over the horizon and
disappear.

If this happens, those of you who know that I enjoy and learn from your
postings, and who may from time to time enjoy mine, please make note of my
email address in the header to this message, and please know that you will
ALWAYS be in my heart and your contacts will always be deeply welcomed by
me.

To those who are only lurking here, if you too wish for a day in which
vibrant conversations might again prevail, I would love to hear from you as
well.

And, finally, a desperate request: if any of you are engaged in constructive
and convivial discussions in other fora and might welcome my participation,
please email me....

Cheers,
Lawry