Ray Evans Harrell wrote:

This is a trip. When a woman competes in a man's area he complains but when she doesn't follow his work rules he complains. I wonder how he would do at carrying a baby for nine months and then giving birth

[snip]

I don't know personally about giving birth, but some
women seem to find it at most "not much" while others
suffer greatly, and every where in between.

But the child eventually gets born, even if, like
a certain person I have heard of, he did his best to
keep from being born and "they" finally defeated
him by applying overwelming technological force (a
C-section).

*HOWEVER*! From my recent experience, I know there are
two kinds of motherhood: (1) where the mother changes the
diapers (etc.), and (2) where "help" changes the diapers
(etc.).

Being the second kind of mother is a very different
form of life than being the first kind, and, as for me,
I would recommend each person to think VERY carefully
and "try before you buy" if you are contemplating
the first alternative, which may be incompatible with
enjoying "higher cultural pursuits" in one's life
until it is over (presuming one has any
wish left to pursue "higher things" after
such a tour of duty).

"Mother" is, so far, not a highly informative
label (sort of like "citizen", which covers
everyone from the poor bloke who pulls a few
voting machine levers every couple years, up
to POTUS and Supreme Court Justices et al.)

\brad mccormick

--
  Let your light so shine before men,
              that they may see your good works.... (Matt 5:16)

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. (1 Thes 5:21)

<![%THINK;[SGML+APL]]> Brad McCormick, Ed.D. / [EMAIL PROTECTED]