On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 08:01:50AM +0200, Greg BOGNAR wrote:
> I don't think there is much of a difference between fvwm and
> fvwm-gnome, and it's a bit unclear to me what the latter is supposed
> to do differently. Fvwm-gnome depends on a bunch of stupid gnome
> libraries, which is a good reason not to use it (just what is supposed
> to be the advantage of them?).

That's the package maintainer seeing 'FvwmGTK' and panicking.  For some
reason, he doesn't think reading the documentation is a prerequisite to
packaging FVWM.   Before he split the packages into fvwm and fvwm-gnome,
fvwm would depend on all of that GNOME stuff.

I've complained about it before, to no avail.  My advice to you?  Ditch
the fvwm package from the repositories.  Download the FVWM source,
compile it, and run:

make deb-inplace

You'll feel much better for it.  Install the package. Then just put the
resultant package on hold:

echo "fvwm hold" | sudo dpkg --set-selections

-- Thomas Adam

--
I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else.