Behalf Of Sergio Alvarez
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:03 PM
To: FW-1-MAILINGLIST@AMADEUS.US.CHECKPOINT.COM
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Problem with logs

Thanks for replying Scott,

I´ll try the cprestart and the cleaning the logs folder, but I'm not quite
sure what did you mean with the following lines:

"A separate log server will behave much in the same way until
you do an install database to it, it will ignore the 257 that it gets"

We do not have a separate log server in this case, the remote Nokia should
send the logs to the SmartCenter, as the old cluster has done it for years
now. But then what you say about "do an install database" makes me think if
I'm missing something.
I have done similar deployments many occasions and never experienced issues
like this, but now your comments have made me suspicious...

Regards

On 7/18/07, Gary Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If you are sure the 257 is reaching the manager, you could first try a
> cprestart on the manager, if this is no good try doing a cpstop and
> moving or deleting the entire contents of the log directory, then a
> cpstart. A separate log server will behave much in the same way until
> you do an install database to it, it will ignore the 257 that it gets.
>
> -GS

Sergio Alvarez
(506)8301342