I would start like this:

Do a 'netstat -an | grep 257', for example, to see your module/s connection
status - is it established to the SMC IP or what???

Second debug 'fwd' on both the SMC and FW module 'fw debug fwd on'  - leave
it on for a minute or two to capture data and look through
'$FWDIR/log/fwd.elg' files on both SMC and the Module/s.

The above two should tell you quite a story to move further w/ appropriate
steps logically. If you so wish, you can post your netstat output and/or
debug output - I do not mind it offline if you so wish.

hth,
Rajeev