Chuck,

Well NAI hasn't exactly had a good few past months as far as security
vulnerabilities are concerned.  http://www.securityfocus.com lists these
specific vulnerabilities pertaining to just the firewall package
(there's many other vulnerabilities in NAI products, including WebShield
which is also based on Gauntlet):

2000-05-18: Gauntlet Firewall Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
1999-10-18: Gauntlet Firewall Rules Bypass Vulnerability
1999-07-30: Gauntlet Firewall Denial of Service Attack

Additionally, Guantlet Firewall itself is built on the freeware package
"fw-tk", which is still available for free.  All they did is add a few
(albeit nice) features and change the name, for the most part.  Just my
$.02.

Jason