At 10:02 AM -0800 11/6/2008, yawg wrote:

>Every time I try to clone my Panther Partition to a partition on
>another disk I get the same error and CCC is telling me:
>
>System/Library/CoreServices/BootX:Input/Output error

One or more files in that directory or the directory itself, on your
source, are corrupted.

>Can I just ignore the error or can it cause problems when I'm using
>the "error"-clone? What gives?

You need to fix it.  Either archive and reinstall the OS or you can
try deleting that directory and restoring it from other source.
Might also want to consider WHY they got corrupted - could be your HD
has grown some bad blocks.  If that's the case, then you need to
repave or replace it.

>I have a Tiger partition too from which I start and then use the new
>CCC to do the Panther clone, it's very fast but I read here that the
>block clone has its disadvantages as the partition won't be optimized.

More importantly a block-level clone does not create a clean file system.

>Anyway I still prefer Panther as all my Classic apps still work, quite
>a few don't work under Tiger and show up in the dock as question
>marks.

Items in the dock are just aliases.  If they're showing up as
question marks, re-drag them in.

>Also I can't find the option in the new CCC where I can decide if I
>want a file to file clone done or a block clone.

Full backup is block-level.  Incremental is file-level.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth