On Nov 20, 2008, at 10:27 AM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2008, at 7:44 PM, insightinmind wrote:
>
>> My Rosewill RC400 arrived a few minutes ago ... and it is now working
>> great. Much snappier at 100Mb than the USB2 at 54Mb.
>>
>> Curious what 1000Mb is like ...
>
> When it's a GB connection all the way out, it's quite nice. The
> Internet gets 'teh snappy'.
>
> Between systems on the local network it's WAY noticeable.

> Two of the machines are on 100Mb/s ports, two are on 1000Mb/s ports.
> The whole database (3 full and one partial CD images worth) takes
> about 3 minutes to transfer on the 1000Mb ones, and about 22 minutes
> on the 100's.

To test, I transfered a dvd ~ 4.5GB video in about 6/7 minutes of
so ... about a CD worth ... impressed me ...

So with my DSL modem 10/100 I would really only need to get a
10/100/1000 router, and bridge it to the modem to get giga speeds at
home?

Any suggestions on giga routers?

Also wish I could simply fix the lightning challenged ethernet port
of my QS 2002 Dual 1GHz ... I believe it was 10/100/100 ... before
the strike ...

Bill Connelly
artsite: http://mysite.verizon.net/moonstoneartstudio
myspace: http://www.myspace.com/moonstoneartstudio