DKLine writes,

<My connection keeps timing out after a short time and asks "Do you
want to stay connected?"  My ISP says he's never heard of this, so
it's got to be in software somewhere.  Need advice on this. Thanks
DKline>

Mine doesn't even bother to ask me if I want to stay connected -- it just
shuts down and says the connection was terminated by the remote site. My
ISP says it's probably line noise and I should call my phone company to
do something about it.

~Yersinia.