On Dec 4, 2008, at 11:24 PM, Charles Davis wrote:

> "deliberately unblessed' ?????  I've never heard of doing that for
> any reason.
>
> The OS9 installations are 'blessed' as a part of the installation
> process. No special effort needed.
>
> The having 2 instances of 'OS9 installation' doesn't cause any
> problems.

I don't think this is true. I believe each separate partition can have
only one blessed MacOS System and one blessed OS X System. You can't
have two of either MacOS or OS X.

I believe Yersinia is correct that an unblessed OS 9 folder can be
used as Classic while booted under OS X, but will not boot natively. I
don't believe either MacOS or OS X "allows" for two blessed Systems
because an installer will not install a 2nd System, and if you attempt
to drag & drop or clone a 2nd System onto a partition that already has
a 1st System, one of these will become unblessed so that there is only
one blessed System, and if you attempt to bless the 2nd System, the
act of blessing the 2nd System will unbless the 1st.