On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Ken W
<<mailto:ken...@gmail.com>ken...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I am running a PowerMac G4 dual 450 with OS X 10.3.9.  I have 2
external firewire hard drives, a LaCie 80 GB and a LaCie 750 GB.  The
750 has 3 partitions.  Everything was working great, but I powered
off my computer today and now when I rebooted the 80 GB is unmounted,
and 2 of the 3 partitions on the 750 are unmounted.  Disk Utility can
see these unmounted drives/ partitions, but can not mount them.

What the heck?  I am not that technical with this kind of stuff.

I ran into similar problems with a G3 iMac in OS X. I found that
rebooting into OS 9 to mount the partitions worked to make them
visible in OS X.

Steve R