Top-posting forces your reader to work . . .
__________

It's been my impression that those who participate in the posts on
these lists:

- Usually compose Subject: lines which are a reasonably informative
description of the issue within the message.

- If reading any particular post in a thread, we have usually already
become familiar with the discussion thus far by reading the earlier
comments on an issue. Few of us, I imagine, choose to come into an
intriguing subject, judged by the Subject: line, anywhere but in the
beginning. Alternately, some posters may enter their reading at the
first response from one of those among us who historically have seemed
to be the best informed among us. These members, bless them all,
usually encapsulate the subject of the discussion to that point
succinctly, and trim off the balance.

- Are most often surgical in removing extraneous earlier material from
prior postings on the thread.

Since the observations above, I believe, are generally valid, I
personally find no difficulty following top postings. Since there's
usually little below their addition aside from a modest encapsulation
of what in the prior postings in the thread it is on which they wish
to amplify, the need to read back and forth from the bottom-up to
follow a top-posted addition to a conversation with which our readers
are already familiar from prior postings on a thread is moot.

Sorry if this comment was hard to decipher.

stanton