On Jun 30, 1:10 am, Clark Martin <cm...@sonic.net> wrote:

> Have you looked at Bento from Filemaker.  I haven't really looked at it
> but it's the light weight version of FileMaker Pro.
>
> http://www.filemaker.com/products/bento/overview.html?homepage=bento_...

I like the idea of checking into Bento.  It ties in very well with OS
X's features.  You can take a free trial.  If you like it,  and as a
general purpose database package, you could end up using it for other
purposes too.  But to clarify a point, it does not have the same DNA
as FileMaker Pro.  There is no commonality in the software.
http://www.macworld.com/article/136062/2008/10/bento2.html
http://www.macworld.com/article/132121/2008/02/bento.html
The comments to these articles express many complaints about version 2
not being free to most of those who bought version 1.  And there are
complaints about Bento not doing more than it does, like it does not
match industrial weight software like the Pro.

Al Poulin