Kris:  I thought the NeoOffice database was scary.  This was
downright terrifying!  (It did look cool, though, especially the
forms feature.)

John, Garage Sale has matured a LOT since I last looked at it.  I
have an old license I can upgrade, so this is probably going to end
up being my most economical solution, though Fabian's AppleWorks
suggestion would have been if I could find it!  ( if I decide to
replace my copy of AW is my best bet LEMswap?  And does AW play nice
with Leopard?)

Clark and Al, I just don't know about Bento.   The website is slick,
the interface is very pretty, and it seems to have the basic
functionality I'm looking for; but the macupdate reviews are pretty
negative ( a lot more reports of buggyness than I'm comfortable with,
especially in a version 2 release ) and the upgrade policy, quite
frankly, sucks.  I'll take another look when v3 comes out, but for
now I'll wait.

Thanks everybody!

Peace, Love, and Joy,

SaJe Goodson