On Jul 6, 2009, at 10:28 PM, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:

>> Even today a dual g4 can be as good or better performer as intel dual
>> core in certain applications (such as with g4 upgrades versus current
>> mini/ imac models =  clunky consumer junk)
>

> That seems to go against the evidence of LEM machine profile bench
> marks.

And against the evidence of actual commercial work, where a modest
C2D Intel Hackintosh can perform a DVD authoring step (producing a
playable DVD from .VOB files) in 12.5 minutes, whereas a reasonably
fast dual G4 takes about 60 minutes.

Needless to say, a 4.8-to-1 advantage in favor of Hackintosh
computing resulted in this operator converting all his commercial
work over to Hackintoshes.

Now, I have only one G4 left operating, and it runs Mail.app and
Classic.

http://groups.google.com/group/hq-a <+> A home for the Hackintosh
community.

To subscribe to the HQ-A group, send email to hq-a
+subscr...@googlegroups.com